When it comes to a security system for your premises, the camera plays a pivotal role. The dome and bullet cameras are two popular choices touted for great performance. That said you still need a unit that can serve your specific purpose. So, how to go about choosing one over the other? For starters, delve into the functionalities and features of the two cameras to find the components you are looking for in your CCTV system.
Thinking of ramping up the security of your home but undecided on which camera to use for your CCTV system? What is a better option, dome or the bullet camera? A tough call, given that both are popular, offer outstanding performance, and are widely used for surveillance. The best way out of the bullets vs domes dilemma is to do some research and get some insight on their features, strengths, and functions to help make an informed decision.
- Camera Location: While both gadgets work in any kind of environment, the dome camera is better suited for interiors. It is compact and less noticeable, which makes it perfect for short distance viewing. In contrast, the bullet camera comes with a longer range and can see further. Hence it is apt for the outdoors such as monitoring the parking space etc.
- Covert & Overt Surveillance: The Bullet CCTV Camera juts outward like the barrel of a gun. Its protruding shape can be easily spotted, and a passerby knows exactly where it is facing. It is thus an ideal choice to help thwart theft, unwanted intruders or vandalism. Dome cameras are not so obvious. Since it is difficult for onlookers to fathom where the lens is pointing, the dome is a better option for covert or stealthy operations.
- Installation: Both the security cameras come with different installation options. The bullet camera is equipped with a mounting handle and can be attached easily to the wall or roof. Thanks to its flexible neck and cylindrical shape, the lens can be twirled to point towards any desired direction. Dome cameras, on the other hand, cannot swivel smoothly and have to be fixed at a place that offers the best viewing angle for the area to be monitored.
- Durability: Regarding durability, once again both the cameras are vandal proof. However, the scale tilts in favour of the dome camera. It comes with a casing that can endure damage. The bullet camera tends to stick out and thus more vulnerable to being knocked out by people who don’t want their illegal activities captured.
- Aesthetics: The dome camera can be mounted on the ceiling. It flaunts a stylish circular shape that seamlessly blends with the interior décor and light fixtures. The overall shape of the bullet camera makes concealment a tad difficult. It is thus a popular solution for keeping an eye on the outdoor goings-on.
In conclusion, it all boils down to personal preference. You need to give considerable thought to your distinctive requirements and the area that requires scrutiny. Factor in all the utilities to choose a camera that serves the correct purpose and provides the type of security you desire.