You can easily charge your mobile’s prepaid connection in just a few steps. We explain how to do it the first time.
Having a mobile phone, and a smartphone to boot, is a normal phenomenon these days. Not only are people increasingly becoming tech-savvy, but smartphones are also quite inexpensive. Besides, there are several mobile service providers with both prepaid and postpaid plans.
If you are a prepaid phone user, or have recently purchased a prepaid connection, then you will need to recharge your plan at some point. You can easily recharge the mobile phone online. But it all depends on how easy your service provider makes the process for you.
Mobile recharge is easy if you are an Airtel prepaid customer. There are two ways to do it:
If recharging from your laptop or using Airtel’s desktop site version:
- Go to airtel.in
- Look for the field marked ‘Pay and recharge’ at the top of the home page. Click on it.
- On the left of the screen, you will see ‘Pay Bill’, ‘Recharge’ and ‘Add money’. Click on ‘Recharge’.
- Now you will see three choices – ‘Prepaid’, ‘Digital TV’ and ‘Postpaid (Corporate Customers’. Click on ‘Prepaid’.
- The next page will prompt you to enter your registered Airtel number. Under this, there will be the latest prepaid plans laid out for your consideration, in case you wish to change your plan.
- After you enter your number, you are prompted to enter the recharge amount. Please do so.
- You can now choose the most suitable payment option – Airtel money, debit/credit cards, or Net Banking.
- Confirm payment.
- That’s it – your easy mobile recharge is complete on the desktop site. You can continue using your phone as always, with the same network coverage and services.
If using your service provider’s app, i.e. myAirtel app
- Download the myAirtel app for free from the Google Play Store or iTunes.
- Set up the app as instructed, using your Airtel 10-digit registered number (this step is only needed once).
- Click on the app for easy mobile recharge.
- At the top of the screen, you will see the words ‘Home’, ‘Recharge’ and ‘Pay Bills’. Click on ‘Recharge’.
- Airtel now displays your current prepaid account balance. It also gives you choices for quick recharges and more plan options to consider. You can also choose to link the family’s Airtel accounts in the same plan, and fill a collective bill.
- Proceed to recharge by paying the amount.
- You will now be prompted to choose your payment option: Airtel money, debit/credit cards, or net banking.
- Finish the easy mobile recharge You can continue using the phone as before.
You can follow these same steps every time you recharge your Airtel prepaid connection.