The modern day doctor’s office needs at least 5 main technologies to function well. They must be able to manage appointments, create doctors’ schedules, have a method for all applicable employees accessing shared files, establish a password management system, and posses an electronic fax machine. By combining and using these 5 technologies within private and public clinics, and doctors’ offices time can be saved which translates into dollars.
Office staff will see a decrease in office space clutter,their time will be freed up to do more value added work tasks, and staff will be happier that their workload will be less cumbersome.
Top 5 Doctor Office Technologies
- Managing Appointments: Juggling all patients’ appointments can be time consuming, difficult, challenging, and constantly changing. Using an appointment system manager can relieve some tasks off office staff members surrounding appointments. Doctor offices’ staff members can streamline confirming appointments, and sending appointment reminders by using an automated reminder, and confirmation system. Utilizing an automated appointment system frees up employee members’ time to handle same-day call-ins or emergency appointments, and other office tasks.
- Doctor Employee Scheduling Software: Creating staff schedules for doctors, and all doctors’ offices is a complex task. The proper schedules must be created to accommodate each doctor’s shift schedule, and then patients must be assigned to the appropriate doctors’ schedule.Things become even more complex when there are multiple locations of doctors’ offices in a practice. Utilizing doctor employee scheduling software creates a centralized location where all doctors, employees, and staff members can create, view, and share upcoming schedule information.
- Shared File Accessibility: Some great file sharing ideas include Google Drive, and One Drive. This way, office staff members can access files they need from each office location. Blank patient forms that need to be saved in an accessible location can be stored in one of these file-sharing locations.
- Password Management: Keeping track of passwords on an individual level can be almost impossible let alone trying to keep track of passwords at the physician office level. There are password programs that save encrypted versions of all office passwords so they will be stored in a secure place.
- Electronic Fax Machines:Using electronic fax machines rid doctors’ offices of extra paper clutter. Electronic faxes keep forms online, and make it easier to assign forms to electronic patient records.
These five technologies help save time, money, reduce paper clutter, and streamline doctors’ offices operations. One of these technologies can help, but when used together they can translate into a transformed operation. Employees, patients, and doctors will be happier with the improved process, customer service, and efficient workings of the office.